Thursday 10 July 2008

Well Helo there...

God sometimes Ive got soooo much to say on here but today i don't really have much to say!! Amazing for me i know!

Anyways....

I was working today, Not that bad but today it was crummy! God who would have thought that Evans could get so busy on a Thursday? And especially with this Credit Crunch!!
I'm off college which is GREAT!!! I'm soo glad! And I'm even more happy that i got an assignment for my A2 art & design, its great its a study on whatever we choose! its got to be something we can access set in our immediate environment but that gives me so much to work with!! i cant chose a starting point! But with our starting point we have to have at least two artist references, which i think i might look at post modernism or maybe even just modernism, i find it really hard to pinpoint exactly what i want to do! i spent the whole of last year drifting in and out of Pop art looking at the likes of Warhol (obviously) Lichtenstein and other revolutionary greats like these then i kinda drifted onto Street art, looking at banksy and other street artists and i don't really want to drift down the same path again, so Ive got just under two months to choose what to do and produce a sketch pad of reference material and start my ideas for my final piece which i cant wait to get stuck into! I just need a few days to really explore my "immediate" environment with a camera i know i know the area i live in really well but when you go out with a camera i think you tend to see the world differently. Any ways I'll update you on that as the time goes on!!

another thing is....

I don't know what other subject to pick up on next year, so far i study ... Film Studies... Media Studies and Art. I did study citizenship but i achieved a U in my exam so i decided not to carry on the failing and devote my time to my other subjects which helped me allot! This is all based on if i pass this year which i don't find out till August 14Th! But if i don't pass I'm going to do a Btec National Diploma in art and design, which incorporates everything! Photography, Print Making, Life Drawing, Graphic Design and such like. Anyways back on to the subject of What to do next year?? Well i could do English, But i don't have good enough GCSE's in English, i only achieved a C when your supposed to have a B, and i really wanted to do Phscology but again i don't have good enough GCSE's, i don't see why? Because in the prospectus for college it says you need to achieve 2 B's and 3 C's to do these subjects and it doesn't specify what they need to be in, so i don't understand why i cant do the subject that i want, For the record i achieved in my GCSE's... One B in Expressive Arts, One B in Media, And C's in English, Maths and i got a D/D in Science (which is still a pass!) and a E in geography (which we don't really talk about!)

So yeah i said i didn't have much to say but I've said loads!

Oh and Another thing....

Sign up for Daily Emails from Dictionary.com and get the word of the day emailed to you! its ACE! i try and use the word at least once during the day! The other Day it was Trogethol, Try and use that in everyday conversation!


Peace out!

=]]]]


x

1 comment:

JuicyFig said...

I really hope you find some artists that inspire you as much as the pop art ones. Maybe look at something completely diferent, I was checking out some british artists in a book the other day - will get their names for you.

Good luck for the 14th August - only 4 1/2 weeks away!!!

Mum
x